Full body MRI scan
Full body scanning is a good supplement to the regular health examination and a really good idea if you want to clarify if everything is in order.
At Progardia Healthcare, we offer full-body MRI in a 3 tesla MRI scanner. This means that you get the absolute best scan the market has to offer – and performed by the best specialists in Denmark.
Whole body scanning is a screening protocol that is particularly good for seeing changes in the brain, spinal cord, sinuses, ears, neck, blood vessels, bones, muscles, liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, spleen, pancreas, bladder and the entire back - from the neck to the coccyx. In women, the uterus, ovaries and vagina are also screened – it is also possible to see any eventual leakage at breast implants.
In the case of positive findings on the whole body scan, it may in some cases be necessary to supplement with further examinations such as a prostate scan.
See our FAQ on full body MRI scan.
We understand the importance of short wait times once one has made the decision to be scanned. You can therefore expect that it does not take more than 5 days before you are scanned and then another 5 days until you have a response to the scan.
It works like this:
- Booking of process with our secretaries
- Telephone conversation with MR specialist. This is to ensure the necessary, individual adaptation of the MRI scan.
- Scanning is conducted and is handled by our experienced radiographers. A whole body scan takes approx. 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Our radiologists go through the approx. 4,200 images. At Progardia, the images are reviewed by at least 2 different radiologists, each with their own area of expertise. Hereby we ensure the best possible interpretation of the images.
- You will receive an answer by telephone from our general practitioner no later than 5 working days after the scan.
Our patient-friendly 3 tesla MRI scanner and ultrasonic systems represent the latest and most accurate equipment.
It is operated and described by the most experienced radiographers, urologists and radiologists in the field.
This means that you get the absolute most thorough scan - performed by the best specialists in Denmark.
- 3 tesla GE Signa Architect Air Edition
- AIR Coils for a faster and more comfortable examination.
- General practitioner
- Review by at least 2 different radiologists (doctors) with their own specialty – e.g. neurology, musculoskeletal, organs, and oncology (cancer)